1. Getting Started with your new LEUPP watch
Watch the video below for some basic steps to follow when you get your new LEUPP watch.
- Remove the protective film
- Remove the watch stopper
- Set the Time
2. How to change your LEUPP strap
Watch the video below to interchange your LEUPP straps easily with our quick-release leather and metal straps.
- Turn over your LEUPP watch and locate the release pin
- Push the quick-release pin inwards to release from the lugs
- Insert the new strap by first inserting the pin from the end opposite the release pin
- Push the quick-release pin inwards and release it to secure the strap in place
3. How to adjust your LEUPP Milanese Mesh strap
*Applies to the following models: Etsu Black/RoseGold, Etsu RoseGold/Cobalt, Umi28 RoseGold and Umi28 Gold
Follow these simple steps to adjust your LEUPP Milanese mesh strap to the right length. Don't worry, you will only need to do this once.
1. Rest your watch face up and locate the little gap on the clasp.
2. Use any fine-tipped tool and insert it in the little gap. *NOTE: Any tool with a fine tip such as a small flat screwdriver or a manicure nail pusher will do.
3. Gently push down to release the plate up.
4. Slide the clasp to the desired position. ❗*Important: The strap has grooves on the backside, make sure the clasp is aligned to a groove, otherwise the clasp will not lock in place.
4. How to adjust your LEUPP Nato strap
There's more than one way to wear a Nato strap, here's the classic way to do it.
- Slide the long end of the strap down through the upper spring bar of the watch. Then pull it up through the spring bar on the lower part of the watch.
- Take the long end again and slide it through the keeper. After you fasten it completely, there should be two layers underneath the watch.
- Fasten the strap on your wrist as you normally would any watch strap. Then slide the tail upward through the two keepers.
- You then have two ways to tuck the remaining “tail” of the strap: inward or outward. Although, we prefer and strongly suggest you tucking the tail inward. 😎
5. How to adjust your LEUPP Chain Band with home tools
Need to adjust the length of your new metal chain band? This may seem like a difficult task, but you can do this yourself at home with a few simple tools. Taking the watch to a jeweler or repair place isn't necessary.
Here's what you need:
- any fine-tipped tool. A pushpin 📌 will also do. You will use this to push the pins that hold the links together out of their holes.
- a pair of needle-nosed pliers to help you remove the pins. A sturdy pair of tweezers will also do.
- a small hammer. No hammer? A hairbrush or anything hard for hammering will do.
- Lay the watch on its side on your flat surface. Find the pin holding the last link in place.
- Use a fine-tipped tool to push out the pin holding the wristband link in place. *Make sure the split side of the pin is facing down.
- Use the hammer to drive the tool in further to release the tip of the link pin out and pull the link pin with pliers.
- Repeat the process for the other side of the wristband.
- Detach the clasps using the same method you did for the links.
- Attach the clasp back onto the wrist band. Take one of the pins you removed and re-insert it into the hole. *Make sure the split side of the pin is facing up.
- Use the hammer to gently push the pin back in place. Your watchband is now adjusted and assembled.
To keep your new LEUPP Watch looking great and working smoothly for the years ahead, it’s important to practice proper watch care. Luckily, taking care of your watch is simple if you know what to do and maintain it regularly. That’s why we’ve outlined some easy practices for basic care and maintenance.
✅ Clean Your Watch. There are a lot of small creases and crevasses to clean on your watch where dirt and oil can accumulate. After use, you can wipe down your watch with a lint-free soft cloth, to wipe off dirt, perspiration and water from the case and crystal.
❌ Avoid Extreme Heat and Humidity. It’s always good practice to avoid exposing them to extreme heat or humidity. The heat can shorten the battery life of a quartz and the sunlight can fade the color of the watch face or leather band. Humid conditions, even those in your bathroom, can damage your watch and increase the likelihood of rusting. Any drastic changes in temperature or humidity could be detrimental to your watches ability to function properly.
❌ Avoid Chemicals and Colognes. Keep your watch away from chemicals like cleaning supplies, colognes or perfumes, and even substances like lotions. If you have a leather band, these types of substances can weaken the leather or even cause it to tear. Be sure to take off your watch before cleaning or if you apply a cologne, perfume, or lotion. After application, make sure it’s completely dry before putting on your watch.
❌ Avoid Magnets. Try to keep your watch away from magnets, from small magnets like handbag clasps to large magnets like airport detectors. Any type of magnet has the ability to severely damage your watch and cause expensive repairs.
❌ Do not submerge or place under running water. LEUPP watches are not waterproof but they are splash resistant - okay for light rain but not suitable for swimming, fishing or other water-related activities. LEUPP watches are fashion watches and are not designed to be submerged or placed directly under running water. Remember to always remove your watch when taking showers or engaging in water activities.
❌ Do not tug the keepers. Never slide the keepers by tugging the strap! This force will cause strain and break the keepers. Adjust the keepers with 2 fingers and gently slide to the desired direction.
MY WATCH IS NOT WORKING!!! HELP!!!
If you think your watch isn't working, read the common issues below👇:
- 👉 Have you removed the watch stopper? When you purchase a new watch from LEUPP, it will come with a watch stopper - a plastic piece between the case and the crown. While the watch stopper is in place, the hands of the watch will wobble. This is normal. THE WATCH IS NOT BROKEN. For the watch to start running, pull the watch stopper off and set the time.
- 👉 Does the watch model have a second hand? If there is no second hand, it can be tricky to determine if the minute and hour hands are moving. Set the watch at a 12 o'clock position and allow it to run for 10 minutes. Check if the minute hand hasn't moved after 10 minutes.
If the watch still isn't working, please contact us for a 30-Day Return & Exchange. Just send an email to Letstalk@leuppwatches.com